Thursday, September 3, 2009

Work with me, Robbie!


Here you see my wonderful nephew Robbie in a state of vanquishment (I checked to make sure this is a noun). We are going up the coast today to retrieve some of my sculpture from the gallery which is closing. I am going to try to remember to post one of the jokes that little kids have told Robbie in an edit.

Joke that Robbie told me that a little kid told him: Can you poke yourself through a hole this small? [holds out thumb touching index finger in a circle]

No.

[Rests thumb and index finger on forehead, touches forehead through circle]

13 comments:

Caio Fernandes said...

camon Robbie !!
get up !!
don't you know women just want to transform us in retrievers ?
be a nice boy and pic that up !!

jess said...

Don't edit the joke! I think we can handle it!! :o) I'm glad he likes to play with you!

Liza said...

I love this post. Thanks so much for the giggles on this glorious Friday.

Ande said...

Hmm, I feel sorry for the poor guy, but I can’t help feel akin to the horrid little bugger on his chest anyway. I hope he is all right.

Titus said...

Aargh. There was a 3-part story Hammer Horror with Joan Collins that had that dervish in it. Spirit inhabits her after she burns it in the oven. Haunted me ever since.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the joke? Is it rude?

grrl + dog said...

ah, now where is that from? I recall a nasty b grade 70's movie...

rosedale's 4head said...

smart kid and nephew Robbie is way too adorably a participant - you cannot ask for more!

ArtSparker said...

Titus - I don't know the movie. The joke is not emant to be rude at all, just silly.

Jasmine said...

An amusing post.

Such a shame about that gallery. Your mosaics are beautiful.

Ginga Squid said...

Real shame about the gallery shutting.

Adam said...

Any trickery involved here? How do you get them to stand up?

Any chance of a recreation of the Cottingley fairies? Your work reminds me a little of those photos.

Titus said...

"Trilogy of Terror", 1975, and not Joan Collins but Karen Black. God, that's been bugging me.

ArtPropelled said...

Now that was fun!