Friday, March 26, 2010

Alice and the White Knight #2

One of the sections of the book is titled "Mystery" and addresses some of the unanswerable questions Alice finds. Here is a quote from that section:

The White Knight, Carroll's representation of himself, deals with the dark woods around him by loading up his horse with more and more inventions. Of all the beings Alice encounters, he is the one who responds most conscientiously to multi-faceted reality, but he cannot quite keep up with his expanding universe. The truth seems to rest in uncertainty.

Big awwww here (tearing up warning).

13 comments:

AJ "Rohzi" Ellington said...

wait... you have a book?! I had no idea. ugh... I need to visit here more often!

I'm excited. I intend to get it.

If Carroll is a white knight... what would you consider yourself? :-)

ArtSparker said...

AJ - right now, as confused as the White Knight.

Steve said...

Surely a warning against the modern world's obsession with gadgetry...

Rick said...

The truth seems to rest in uncertainty.

The truest thing I've read tonight.
;-)

Asja said...

i find all of your photo illustrations intriguing and fascinating.

Totalfeckineejit said...

The sound of the waves must be deafening.

ArtSparker said...

Rick - Well, I long for certainty frequently. But it's better for me when I don't - It feels more mature not to try to make what is sometimes fleeting into a sort of monolith.

ArtSparker said...

Tfe- That would account for a lot.

jude said...

now this is a whole new dimension.

Titus said...

My book came! My book came!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Trying to make what is sometimes fleeting into a sort of monolith, is where poetry goes wrong.You are so clever Sparks.

Tom said...

awwww. kleenex, please.

Celeste Bergin said...

ooo is the link sad? I can't handle sad dog and cat links!
I love the golden glow of this piece.