Sunday, March 7, 2010

Illustration challenge #5

Here's a different sort of challenge...these guys are so vividly present, I think it can be approached one of two ways - simply adding a caption or speech balloons, or overwriting/collaging to such an extent that only a little of the original is left. Ooh - also, this might lend itself to some sort of kaleidoscope treatment. Another idea would be to make these two Wonderland characters. I may have at it myself with a hammer and nails and thread...bad dreams when oversleeping, must expel demons. As always, if you want to alter this image and post it, let me know in the comments here when you've posted...I'll put the links list up in two weeks, that is, Sunday, March 21.

Nothing too weird, okay? I just expunged a comment on the previous post that made me more nervous than usual.

13 comments:

Megan said...

I have an idea. I hope I can make it work...

Susan at Stony River said...

Not sure which fascinates me more -- the knee socks and loafers on Junior, or that skirt-tutu on Janey. This picture's a HOOT; I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Titus said...

Hoping to play along...

Morna said...

Thank you for visiting my blog! I am stumped - what does your comment mean? "Love those ancient Egyptians." Huh?

I am enjoying perusing your blog. Lots of fun.

Eva said...

Let me look back on yesterday's posting on Alice -- the comment that made you nervous, as you wrote: Well, it proves exactly what Jonathan Miller tried to do -- show a tantalizing, even agonizing situation. Poor Rozhi ran into exactly that trap. She got news from hell and killed the messenger. A generation that grew up in full color and with the Hollywood rhythm of constant action in movies seems to be very far from this Alice.

yvette said...

yeeeekkkkk
I hate this sort of pictures
so so so the best of the class children
I pass the challenge
no patience for these ....boy and girl...although I can put all my anger in it...
(your idea is great and I hope you can laugh at my not liking these kids)

yvette said...

I looked back in the yesterday comments too but I don't understand what makes you nervous.

kizkiz

Coffee Messiah said...

Certainly.........

subby said...

I'll be off for a while...should have time to get to this one, tho'...!

subby said...

Going with this one, I am...with what digital editing I can do...something abstract perhaps?

Fresca said...

I seem to have a hard time meeting these deadlines, but this is VERY tempting---so geometric!

Coreopsis said...

I must admit I'm tempted too. It's been a long time since I've looked at other people's blogs, and it looks like a LOT has been happening.

This picture doesn't appeal to me at all, and now that you've suggested it, I'm itching to "alter" it.

In answer to your question on my blog, yes, I have seen The Red Violin. Lovely movie. It's funny that you see my picture in 19th century terms. It wouldn't have occurred to me....

subby said...

I've had an inspiration ( sort of )...a few of them... but I'll hold off 'til the appointed date ;)