Saturday, March 27, 2010

Brazilian Alice

Here are the frog and fish footmen from Alice no País das Maravilhas which was sent to me Cláudia from Rio. She tells me that the illustrator/photographer, Luiz Zerbini, used cards from his personal collection from all over the world to construct his illustrations. They are wonderfully inspiring. If you would like to see what Cláudia herself did with cards, here is an expedition she made last month.

...And looking at Cláudia's post makes me think it may be time for me put some art out into the world and see if any of you all want to join me. Hmmm...If I can think of something, I may do a very short notice thing tomorrow for April Fool's.

11 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

A lovely book!

put some art into the world.......yes!

Steve said...

Saw Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland last night... greatly enjoyed it. Could play spot the Brit actor voiceover with most of the characters too.

jude said...

oh i love this, what an inspiration, what to do with collections. of things. what ever they may be.

Joei Rhode Island said...

I like the tiny details on the cards being cut up to make something completely different yet still has a connection to the whole.

Tomás Serrano said...

Beautiful! The Claudia´s experiment reminds me about the Salfon´s books let in Los Angeles or recently in New York. By the way, most of people didn´t touch the books when my nephew let it during the short time he observed...
I´m waiting for your idea...

Totalfeckineejit said...

Love that picture. Bring on the challenge.As Mr T says 'I pity the fool'

lettuce said...

aprils fool tomorrow! i'd completely forgotten, the clock change (this morning over here) has me all out of kilter

This is fab., very intriuging and clever

Eva said...

So clever! Love it!

Coffee Messiah said...

Yikes, sorry I missed the last one. Things have been out of joint out here for awhile.

Since the 1st is a few days away, I might be able to pull it off.

Hope you're feeling better!

Cheers!

Jenny Woolf said...

This is very interesting - the cards are like flowerbeds. I wonder if it would work in the rest of the story. Might do better in Looking Glass.

j. said...

this looks magical.