Friday, June 26, 2009

Bogart in Oakland

Humphrey Bogart in the Window of the Grand Lake Smoke Shop, next door to the Grand Lake Theatre (you can see the awning on the left in the linked photo). Bogart worked for a number of years as a gangster in B-movies before being cast as Sam Spade in The Maltese Falcon. The next series of posts, which will start in July, will feature a few scenes each from various Noir films, mostly in San Francisco. The Lost series will end with a bang (for now) on Tuesday. 

11 comments:

ger said...

He looks botoxed... - I´d still prefer to see him in African Queen...

tony said...

“If that plane leaves the ground and you're not with him, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.”

Adam said...

Here's looking at you kid...

Caio Fernandes said...

this i realy want to see . i am going to prepare the pop corn for follow your blog , honey .

mum said...

Here's looking forward to your new series.

Jasmine said...

I love Humphrey Bogart and his genre, Spencer Tracey, Cagney, Hepburn, Bacall, Davis.... Looking forward to your new season.

Isabel said...

Bogart's presence brings the store to star level don't you think ? ;)

Nemo said...

Yes, I've got my popcorn ready.

ma grande folle de soeur said...

Waiting for the next serie too. I love this Bo-gars! ;))

Tomás Serrano said...

This is a great idea. I´ve watched many Bogey´s films so I expect your serie.

grrl+dog said...

This will be a very cool series... now I am off to study the dark passage..