Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lost: Inside the Hatch

Above you see the smug face of Doctor Marvin Candle (AKAs too numerous to mention), in charge of fiendish psychological experiments on the Island. He always signs off with a "Namaste", but shouldn't that mean something besides "You've been punk'd"? I guess wearing a white coat and calling yourself a doctor doesn't necessarily mean you're on the up and up.

Below, the big picture re The Hatch (Link to Hatch sequence on youtube for comparison purposes). I will provide links from now on for those who don't watch the show.


7 comments:

Bee said...

The namaste, "you've been punked," and the expression on his face -- so funny!

Laurie Cannon said...

BTW, I went on to the JeSus
cHrIsT bLoGgeR,
who I suspect might not
approve of my Spirit channelings.
the art's pretty great - love those wild graphics and colors, but why does SeLf look so serious all the time? Why must religious humor always be unintentional?

cytoma

Burt said...

HAHA. Please, please keep it up. I'm well into my Locke illustration!! I'll let you know when it is up.

mum said...

I loved the namaste part, specially since I wrote a scene yesterday where one of the 'villains' quotes a lovely piece from The Mahabharata - hey, whatever serves to justify one's behavior, right?

Are all those newspaper boxes still in use? If not, here's a nifty idea for the others

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2009/05/newspaper_box_planters.html

Looking forward to the next installment.

Cheryl said...

I've just discovered your blog and am really enjoying your work. It's charming and funny! I love it - I wish I'd thought of it!

Isabel said...

It is always truly refreshing to come by your blog and see your imagination at work. Truly whimsical and magic carpet like.
And I travel and smile...

grrl+dog said...

I am loving the placement...