Tuesday, June 16, 2009

LOST: Kate Climbs a Tree

Job skills for Desert Island living: Tracking and climbing trees. No girly girls need apply!

Edit: Apparently art direction from my readers is quite helpful - redbubble put the new T in its featured t-shirt section - I haven't had a feature for about six months. Thanks - I must think of other ways to involve readers. I am planning on more paper people in July, with Alice occasionally. Vertigo, a few scenes from North by Northwest. Anyway, I know some of you have made suggestions previously, but let me know if there are any scenes/films in particular you'd like to see here. If I can work with the suggestion, I will link to you in the post (keep in mind that one, or a few characters, are easiest to work with - I'm no Cecil B. DeMille).

14 comments:

mum said...

Oh yeah. I could do that. um...so long as the tree were metaphorical.

mum said...

edit: yay for the red bubble - ArtSparker, you are magical woman!

tony said...

you could post people and they could photo locally?'Alice In Hebden Bridge' HA~HA!

Jasmine said...

I think this is my favourite LOST post yet.

I'm looking forward to more of your Alice work.

California Girl said...

I don't watch "Lost" but your title made me think of "Jon & Kate Plus 8" which I also don't watch, in fact, did not know who or what they were til they hit the tabloids. Point being, that would make for alot of cutouts, wouldn't it? hahahaha!

ger said...

How about African Queen (2 characters, danger, romance, leeches, detonations..! and your crew must be acccustomed to working in hot climate by now ...

Caio Fernandes said...

remembers me playing with my litle soldiers on the backyards.when i was a kid , sure , because today i am not so brave .

ArtSparker said...

mum- thanks

Jasmine - something is coming up quite soon.

Tony - Your suggestion corresponds with some thinking I was doing earlier

CG - Um...does that mean I would need to watch the show?

ger - African Queen sounds good. Katherine Hepburn relatively easy to draw - women are harder than men to get a resemblance because of smaller facial features.

Caio - Having a good imagination, as in being creative, does not tend towards bravery - at least, that's been my experience.

Amy C said...

she rocks - not that I have ever seen lost. I am so excited to see the North by North west - YES

Maarit said...

I'm completely addicted to Lost, you help me with my withdrawal symptoms! I really love your drawing style, you seem to nail the character's features. And make it look easy too.

Chrisy said...

i don't watch lost but really like the concept of the girl and the sign...this would make a good series i think...

yvette said...

hug

lettuce said...

congrats on the feature

:-)

Tomás Serrano said...

My favorite of this week. I like the relief of the image. Great work this week too.